And Your California Privacy Rights
Effective Date: May 27th, 2022
Any capitalized terms used herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the Amplex Internet Terms of Service and Use Policy, and Open Internet Transparency Disclosure Statement (collectively, “Service Agreements”).
Your California Privacy Rights Under the Shine the Light Act
· For all requests or questions, include Customer’s full name, street address, city, state and zip code.
· If sent via email, Customer must state “Re: Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and send Customer email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· If sent via postal mail, Customer must send a letter or post card to:
22690 Pemberville Road Luckey, OH 43443
Attention: Your California Privacy Rights
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
When Customer uses the Service, the Personal Information Customer sends and receives may be subject to interception by unauthorized third parties. While it is Amplex Internet ’s objective to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk that unauthorized third parties will intercept the information Customer sends and receives through the Service, Amplex Internet cannot and does not make any guarantee that transmissions over the Internet are 100% secure or error-free.
Amplex Internet does not knowingly collect, solicit or use Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If Customer is under age 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to Amplex Internet. If Amplex Internet learns that Amplex Internet has collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, Amplex Internet will delete that information as quickly as possible to the extent technically feasible. If Customer believes that its child under age 13 may have provided Amplex Internet Personal Information, please contact Amplex Internet at email@example.com
2. W HAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
The following are the different ways and reasons we collect Customer Personal Information:
Registration process, billing, and administration: Customer name, email address, phone number (wireless and wireless), billing address and billing information (such as credit card account number or other financial account information), service address, and the nature of any of Customer devices or other property making use of the Service(s). Personal Information also includes Customer proprietary network information (“CPNI”) which is collected and used to provide VoIP services. CPNI includes any information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of use of our VoIP service, such as call detail, logs, and specifics regarding your VoIP account. Please note that by law, CPNI does not include a customer’s name, postal address, or telephone number. We will also use this same Personal Information for the i nstallation, troubleshooting, maintenance of the Service(s), and servicing of equipment.
Social Network Platforms:
Amplex Internet uses Facebook and Instagram. Followers voluntarily submit Personal Information directly to Amplex Internet using the platforms, including, but not limited to, phone number and email address, when the follower enters a contest or sweepstakes drawing on the platforms. This Personal Information is used one time to contact the follower for that particular drawing and is retained for internal recordkeeping and regulatory or tax purposes as required by Applicable Law. Amplex Internet also uses Facebook’s business tools such as surveys and boosted posts, but any Personal Information voluntarily provided by a follower is retained on the platform.
Amplex Internet also uses Twitter , LinkedIn, and You Tube, however, we only use Personal Information voluntarily submitted via the platforms on the platforms. Amplex Internet does not export nor do we incorporate or link any Personal Information to an Amplex Internet customer’s account.
We may reach out to followers of the above platforms via messages to contact them about winning contests or to reply to their comments and questions. No Personal Information is shared with a third-party for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
Some forms of information as described below will be classified as Personal Information if required by Applicable Law or when such information is directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device, or is combined with other forms of Personal Information.
Network Information: Amplex Internet also collects Network Information, information about Customer access to, and use of, the Amplex Internet Network(s), which may or may not be directly associated with or reasonably linked to a specific person, computer or device. For example, Amplex Internet may collect information about the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer property or at Customer premises, when Customer is using the Service, the various devices Customer is using to access the Service, the amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving, the content of the data Customer are transmitting and receiving, the websites Customer is visiting, and any other information that is transmitted over the Amplex Internet Network(s). Amplex Internet may also aggregate Network Information from multiple customers and Amplex Internet will share such aggregated Non-Personal information about the overall performance of the Amplex Internet Service and the Amplex Internet Network(s) with our Affiliates and other third parties. Aggregated information does not identify a specific individual, computer or device. We use Network Information to monitor and enhance the performance of the Amplex Internet Network(s). Amplex Internet will not monitor the content of the websites viewed or email communications as part of Amplex Internet’s standard network management.
Generally, Amplex Internet will only monitor and preserve the following Network Information:
• When Customer is using the Service;
• How Customer is using the Service, such as monitoring traffic patterns regarding websites visited, amount of data being sent or received, or other activity;
• The amount of data Customer is transmitting and receiving through the Service; and;
• General information regarding the performance of the Provider Equipment installed on Customer’s property or at Customer’s premises, and its interaction with the rest of the Amplex Internet Network(s).
However, Amplex Internet reserves the right to, and may, monitor, access, review and preserve any Network Information and/or content in the following situations:
• In response to an inquiry from Customer or another Authorized User on Customer’s account regarding Customer or their use of the Service or problems Customer or they are experiencing using the Service;
• If Amplex Internet has reason to believe Customer is using the Service in violation of Customer’s Service Agreement or any applicable statutes, rules, ordinances or regulations;
• If Amplex Internet has reason to believe Customer use of the Service is negatively affecting other Customers; or
• When Amplex Internet is required by law or legal process to do so, or when Amplex Internet a good faith belief that Amplex Internet is required by law or legal process to do so.
3. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES?
Amplex Internet will use Customer Personal Information to send marketing and advertising messages related to our own Services and Site using Customer’s email address, postal address, or telephone number (for voice, texts, automated and pre-recorded calls).
Amplex Internet may deliver a marketing or advertising message based on Customer visits to Amplex Internet website, which will be general advertising or “Contextual Advertising,” which is advertising based on the subject matter or the content of the specific website page or subject matter. Amplex Internet may also send Customer “First Party Advertising,” which is advertising or marketing that is customized or personalized based on a history of Customer’s use of our Services (possibly combined with information from our Facebook fan page or other social network platforms). First Party Advertising is based solely on a combination of information Amplex Internet collects from Customer – not from Customer’s visits to other websites across the Internet. Amplex Internet may use CPNI for its own First Party Advertising for products/services a Customer has already purchased. We will need your consent before using CPNI for marketing or advertising unrelated services. Customer may opt-out of First Party Advertising but not Contextual Advertising. No Personal Information is used to deliver Contextual Advertising; it automatically will appear based on the content or webpage Customer is viewing. And Customer may continue to receive general advertising if Customer opts-out of First Party Advertising, it will not be customized or personalized for Customer.
Amplex Internet does not provide third party “Network
Advertising,” which is advertising based on Customer’s overall Internet usage
across different third party websites or online services. Multiple third party websites and online
services are involved in this tailored or personalized advertising process, in
essence a “network” of advertising providers. Because Amplex Internet does not provide
network ads, Amplex Internet does not recognize the “Do Not Track” settings on
various Internet browsers. Amplex
Internet does not engage
or allow third parties to track you across the
Internet and across time for advertising purposes.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
5. DO WE DISCLOSE CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
• To Our Affiliates and Resellers. Amplex Internet relies on various Affiliates and Resellers in order to provide the Services to Customers. Affiliates are companies that are related to Amplex Internet by common ownership or control. Resellers are independent third party businesses that will offer Amplex Internet’s Services to either their own customers, or operate as agents to Amplex Internet and sell our Services. Amplex Internet may share Personal Information and non-Personal Information with any of our Affiliates and Resellers for business, operational, promotional and/or marketing and advertising purposes related to our Services.
• To Our Operational Service Providers: Amplex Internet and its Affiliates contract with other companies and people to perform tasks or services on Amplex Internet’s behalf and need to share Customer Personal Information to provide products or services to Customers. For example, Amplex Internet may use a payment processing company to receive and process Customer’s ACH or credit card transactions for Amplex Internet, or Amplex Internet may contract with third parties to assist Amplex Internet in optimizing Amplex Internet’s network. Unless Amplex Internet tells Customer differently, Amplex Internet does not grant its Operational Service Providers any right to use the Personal Information Amplex Internet shares with them beyond what is necessary to assist Amplex Internet.
• For Business Transfers/Restructuring: Amplex Internet may choose to buy or sell assets, or Amplex Internet may sell assets or be sold. In these types of transactions, customer Personal Information is typically one of the business assets that would be disclosed and transferred. Also, if Amplex Internet (or Amplex Internet’s assets) are acquired, or Amplex Internet goes out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, including restructuring, re-organization or financing arrangements, Personal Information could be one of the assets disclosed, transferred to or acquired by a third party.
• When Required by Law or in Response to Legal Process: Amplex Internet reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Personal Information when Amplex Internet is required by law or legal process to do so, or if Amplex Internet has a good faith belief that Amplex Internet is required by law or legal process to do so.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT CUSTOMER PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Amplex Internet endeavors to protect the privacy of Customer’s account and other Personal Information using reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures. However, Amplex Internet cannot and do not guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time. Customer’s account is protected by a User ID and password for Customer’s privacy and security. It is Customer’s responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to Customer’s account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting Customer password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to Customer computer, tablet or device and browser by signing off after Customer has finished accessing Customer’s account. Customer is required to notify us immediately if Customer’s password or account has been disclosed to a person whose name does not appear on Customer’s account, even if you have allowed such disclosure. Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that Customer is solely responsible for any use of Amplex Internet Services via Customer’s username and password.
Additionally, if Customer contacts Amplex Internet via Site, telephone or in person, Amplex Internet will ask Customer for verification of Customer’s identification and account. Customers must provide a security PIN to our representative before information on the Customer’s account can be provided. In the event that the Customer does not have a PIN or is unable to provide the PIN, Amplex Internet will attempt to contact the customer of record at the phone number or email address recorded on the account. In the event we are unable to verify the Customer’s identity using the above methods we may require the Customer to present a government issued ID in person or other legal documentation, acceptable to Amplex Internet, to verify access to the account. Customers may designate additional authorized users on an account who will have the many of the same rights and privileges to the account. Additional authorized users can make changes to the account except for changing the account ownership. [ 1] [ 2] Only the customer of record may change the ownership of the account. Additional authorized users will remain on the account unless and until Amplex Internet is notified by the customer of record that the users are revoked, and Amplex Internet has responded to the revocation request. [ 3] [ 4] [ 5]
Amplex Internet will not send an email or text, nor should Customer respond to any email or text communications asking for any sensitive or confidential Personal Information, such as social security number, bank account or credit card account number, or a driver’s license number. If Customer receives an email or text requesting any such information from Amplex Internet or someone that claims they are with Amplex Internet or Our Affiliates please contact our Privacy Administrator immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Amplex Internet’s IT Support Services as detailed in our Services Agreement, the code that allows Amplex Internet to access Customer’s computer desktop to help your resolve technical problems is limited only for that specific session. Amplex Internet is not able to access Customer’s Computer without Customer’s knowledge, affirmative consent and involvement.
8. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN CUSTOMERS ACCESS, MODIFY AND/OR DELETE?
Generally, The authorized user may access the following Personal Information in Customer’s account:
• Full name
• Username and password
• Email address
• Telephone number; and
• Billing and Service address
• Account and billing information
• Usage information
By contacting Amplex Internet at email@example.com, or through any online access portal and/or via telephone, Amplex Internet may enable Customers to view, access and modify Customer account settings, and in some cases, edit or delete the Personal Information listed above. Amplex Internet will retain historic email, billing and/or Service addresses for security and verification purposes and Customers may not delete such information even after the subscription expires or terminates.
Existing Customers may not delete any Personal Information because such information is necessary to provide and bill for the Services; Customers may only update or modify the following Personal Information:
• Full name
• Username and password
• Email address
• Telephone number; and
• Billing and Service address
• Account and billing information
Amplex Internet may use any aggregated data derived from Customer’s Personal Information but not in a manner that would identify Customer personally. Amplex Internet may also maintain Personal Information regarding Customer and Customer’s use of the Service after Customer is no longer a Amplex Internet customer as required by Amplex Internet’s business practices, by law, and/or tax reporting purposes. The information Customer can view, update, and delete may also change if required by law. If Customer has any questions about viewing or updating information Amplex Internet has on file about Customer, please contact Amplex Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Amplex Internet’s privacy practices and policies, please contact Amplex Internet at email@example.com
© Copyright 2022, Amplex Electric, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.